Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Heart is Satisfied

 (Really has nothing to do with the blog...just a little humor for your health)


So apparently (not really 'news' cause we've all heard it for years) being cheerful and having an optimistic outlook on life are supposed to have lots of healing and health benefits, emotional and physically. So hears to reaping some benefits, cause today is one of those days that this whole 'challenge' is not coming so easy.

WooHoo Lacey! Day 3 and already struggling.

I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed I guess. But I'm grateful......ummmm, grateful fooooor, uh. Just a sec, it's coming......

Ooooh, I know! I'm grateful that I was blessed with the personality I have. I'm not scared of having my own opinions and stubbornly clinging on to them even if they're different for everyone else's. Sure it causes a little trouble now and again but on the good side, I think it's kept me from alot of insecurities and being swayed by a disgustingly politically correct world with lots of opinions on how you should do everything. When I've made up my mind about something I'm confident in it. And I'm grateful for that. I tend to be a 'glass half full' kind of person. Not all the time and not in everything, but I think those things were created in me as I was being knit together by the hands of God.  God made me a strong and confident woman. I don't really have a list of tangible and circumstantial things to be grateful for today (Not that I don't have them, I have lots to be grateful for, I just haven't listed them today) but I think these tools that God has equipped me with have been of enormous value to me in difficult times. I don't know that I could have walked through some of the storms I've walked through and come out the same.

So I'm grateful! I may not have a massive smile on my face today, but my heart is satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment