Sunday, January 3, 2010

A humiliating history;-)

I promise I haven't given up sooo soon. I started this when I had a few glorious days off of work and I was in 'veggin' heaven, writing blogs and putting on my 'winter coat' I think I'm probably up to 5lbs now ;-) Then of course it was back to work (extra hard because we'll be out of town for 9 days pretty soon), and it was my birthday eve and my birthday, then I went to write a blog THREE times and couldn't cause our internet has been acting really weird and has been down all of those times!! But alas.....

I'm so grateful for my car!!! I know it sounds cheesy, but I learned to drive in a 77' yellow suburburn that was half rusted and about a third of it was primed (painted gray) and it was a beast. It was a lesson in humility to say the least. Then my dad found a red minivan for me (I think for free) he fixed it and gave it to me to drive, until I killed it of course by not putting oil in it. Then there was my favorite 'the boat' it was this forever long navy blue like 70's luxury car that literally felt like you were floating over waves when you hit a bump. I killed the transmission in that one right ontop of some train tracks at mid-night coming home from work....happiest night of my life! Then it was on to my after high school years and I graduated from the 70's era of vehicles to the 80's. I moved to Florida and bought my first car for $2000. It was another granny car,navy blue, but I must say the shortest and most normal looking car I'd had, only difference was it was just 20 years older than everyone else's. I drove that one all over Florida then back to Tx at least twice. I don't remember what happened to it, but it was time for a new car....du du duuunnnnn

My Gradma's old 94' buick, silver! I had made it to the 90's. Yet still when going out with a group of friends no one ever wanted to take my car...can't imagine why. I drove that around Tx. a while then found out I was moving to Arizona. So I took my car. It had some trouble in the heat, it died a few times, the windows stopped working AND THEN the air conditioner went out! It was miserable. Then to top off the beauty of that car the sun was so hot that it melted (literally) my dash and the peices that frame the windsheild curled out, it was not so pretty. After Arizona I was moving to North Carolina. I knew the car wouln't make it, nor did I want it to! So I sold it to whoever would take it. Then moved to N.C. The couple I worked for had an extra car they let me borrow for a few months, then when I went home for Christmas I bought the car I had dreamed about for all these years...used of course :-) A silver 2003 Toyota Forunner!!!! I was in heaven! I baby'd that thing sooo much, I was so careful. And I kinda thought maybe it would wear off a litlle over the years, but not really. I've had that car for 2 years now and I LOVE it. I'm so proud of it. 

I remember in all of my crappy car years being so humiliated showing up to meet new people, or to jobs, or going places and no one wanted to take my car.  But my dad was right, it was a lesson in humilty. I got over it, I'd laugh about it and joke about it. It sucked, but I never had a car payment til 2 years ago, and more importantly I learned to value a blessing. (And how to kill a transmission on a car if you wanted to get rid of it!)

Thank you Jesus for a reliable car! And payments that I can afford! And giving me the desires of my heart. You're a good Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment